Saturday, June 22, 2013

Letters of the Alphabet

       My year with this group of third-graders is over.  I only have a few more days to go at work during which I will finish up the paper work and do some cleaning.  In the hallways, boxes are being moved from room to room to make way for two new full-day kindergarten classrooms next year.  All of that moving and cleaning inspired me to do a little cleaning out of my own.  I was amazed at some of the goodies I found in the nooks and crannies of my classroom.  Some items will definitely be used next year.  Other items will never be used by me, so I decided to pass them on to another teacher.

       Today's act of kindness was sharing some alphabet letters with one of the new kindergarten teachers.  I had scrabble tiles, laminated letters, magnetic letters in rainbow colors, and shiny blue tiles with white letters on them.  Here's hoping that next year's kindergartners will put those letters to good use.  One teacher's trash is absolutely another teacher's treasure.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heidi,
    I just found your blog today researching acts of kindness to do for my birthday. You have some fantastic ideas in here and I'm also following you on Pinterest. You are truly inspirational !

    ReplyDelete