Saturday, June 22, 2013

Gently Used School Supplies

     The end of the school year means cleaning out.  It is time to clean out desks and drawers and cupboards and shelves.  Every year I end up with piles of school supplies that have been used to varying degrees.  Most years I end up just throwing them away or tossing them in the recycling bin if possible.  This year I was happy to have another option.

     Today's act of kindness was dropping my gently used school supplies in a donation box.  Another teacher at my school took on the task of collecting these supplies for others to use throughout the summer and next year.  I feel great knowing that those in need will benefit from this act of kindness.  Here's hoping that they enjoy their mostly new pens and pencils and notebooks as much as I have.

1 comment:

  1. The collection box was filled to the top! Thanks for your contributions.

    ReplyDelete