Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Drop Everything

       My daughter has been one sick kid.  Luckily she is doing much better now.  In the middle of Day 162, Lilli ended up being rushed to the emergency room with lower abdominal pain and a serious infection.  This was followed by two days in the hospital getting a lot of TLC, IV antibiotics, and some serious pain killers.  Since I have been in the hospital with her, I had to hold off on writing about my acts of kindness.  I was a little bit busy.  Honestly, it wasn't until Lilli ended up sharing a room with another young girl that I realized what my act of kindness was for Day 162.     
       
       The sweet girl in the bed next to Lilli had just come out of surgery. Each day she called her mom and asked when she would get a visit.  Mom never showed up.   The wonderful people who work at the hospital gave their all to make her comfortable and give her the physical and emotional TLC that she needed. 

       Today's act of kindness was dropping everything to be with Lilli.  She needed me and I didn't want to be anywhere else but with her.  All other matters could wait.   Sometimes  kindness is shared by being 100% present for those we love.

4 comments:

  1. Heidi, I am thinking about you and your daughter today, and her roommate too. Sending hugs of healing your way. xo, a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. That means so much! Lilli is doing much better. :)

      Delete
  2. What Amy said. Being present is the supreme act of kindness more often than we sometimes give it credit for. Hope they both feel better very soon! - Alexandra

    ReplyDelete